Frequently Asked Questions
Do you need more information in order to make your choice? Do you need details of our services, facilities or activities? Do you have any questions about bookings, payment for your trip or the cancellation conditions?
We will try to offer you support through our FAQ…If you can’t find the answer to your questions, don’t hesitate to phone our customer service line on 0 825 87 99 02 (indigo number costing € 0.15 per min.) from Monday to Friday from 8.30 a.m. to 6. 30 p.m. and on Saturday from 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m., our counsellors at your service!
- What type of accommodation packages do you offer?
- What tours abroad do you offer?
- Are there packages suitable for family trips or for groups of friends?
- I love to try new activities, can you offer me trips for this?
- Do you offer a solidarity tourism package?
- I love hiking and rambling, can you offer me this type of holiday?
- Can you arrange tailor-made group trips?
Ideal for family holidays, where you don’t have to worry about anything!
- Accommodation in the heart of well-known tourist destinations (La Baule, Nice, Cannes, Menton, Aix-les-Bains, Hendaye and more) and in exceptionally beautiful settings (at the seaside, in the heart of nature, well-known mountain village resorts, etc.)
- Cultural and festive events
- Lots of facilities and sporting activities for the enjoyment of young and old
- Free children’s clubs and nurseries
- Lots of ideas for excursions suggested by the Kiosk
- Some of our Clubs have three-star rating
Ideal for exploring a region in complete freedom, in a family, alone or as a couple.
- Comfortable hotels and charming little hotels in the heart of tourist destinations (Paris, the gates of Geneva, on the Promenade des Anglais in Nice)
- Suggestions for exploring proposed by the Kiosk
- Superior hotel service
- Some of our hotels have three-and four-star rating
Ideal for holidays in complete freedom and at favourable prices!
Three types of rental:
- Accommodation that is part of the Clubs, to benefit from the facilities and services while staying in an apartment
- Accommodation with services: children’s club, catering, events, sports equipment and more
- Accommodation in studio flats or apartments for fully independent holidays
You are free to create a holiday in your own way. You will be staying in comfortable, lively hotels that are ideally located for day or half-day excursions.
Discover or rediscover foreign lands such as you have never seen while benefiting from maximum comfort. The excursion programme with local guides, in air-conditioned coaches, will enable you to learn about a different culture and way of life.
How about a City Break? Benefit from our short stays in cities of culture and the finest capitals in Europe that will no longer hold any secrets for you (Rome, Berlin, Florence, Lisbon, Prague and others).
Explore the loveliest rivers in Europe in our comfortable river-boats.
Yes! To help you find the stay best suited to your situation and your needs, please visit the section entitled I’M GOING on our internet site.
Vacances Bleues offers you a large choice of themed stays that will enable everyone to enjoy themselves.
Go to the tab “Have fun> Themed stays” for each themed holiday destination: sport, culture, exploring, for young an old.
Our themed stays which are accessible to all (several levels of difficulty are provided for the various activities), offer you activities as varied as cooking with a French chef, Latin-American dancing, ballroom dancing, a zen well-being holiday (yoga, shiatsu, etc.) or laughter cures!
We guarantee that you will be taught by skilled professionals (we have selected the best partners for each activity) as well as a quality stay close to where the activities take place.
N.B.: participation in the activity is not obligatory, your companions can benefit from the other facilities and activities at the hotel while you are engaging in your activity!
Yes! If you are looking for sustainable, ethical, socially-aware tourism abroad – click here.
Do you want to devote yourself to the pleasure of hiking at your own pace?
Explore our sites devoted to this activity by clicking here.
This type of service has been part of the Vacances Bleues world for more than 40 years. To help you to arrange a holiday with a group of friends, a works council or an organization, visit our internet site dedicated to groups: engroupe.vacancesbleues.fr
- To whom should I address my suggestions or criticisms at the site?
- How do I subscribe to your information letter?
- How do I contact you?
- To whom should I address my comments (or claims) for a trip I took?
- What happens to the personal information I provide to you?
- How can I refer a friend?
We want to hear all your suggestions or criticisms, you can write to us at: email@example.com
Nothing could be easier than subscribing to our information letter: click on the tab labelled “Need help?” at the bottom of each page on the site, then enter your email address in the field marked “Your E-mail” in the NEWSLETTER insert then click on the button marked “Subscribe”. This letter is sent to anyone who asks for it. If you want to subscribe, a link below each information letter is provided for the purpose.
You can contact our reservations centre by telephone, write us an e-mail or visit the Paris office of Vacances Bleues. Go to the Contact us page, accessible from the bottom of the internet site page.
At the end of each Vacances Bleues stay or trip, an assessment form will be given to you on which you can indicate the reasons for your satisfaction as well as any complaints that you would like VACANCES BLEUES to know about. These forms are processed by a Quality Service. Customer Service replies to all questions of a commercial nature or that concern the quality of services that may be sent by post to: VACANCES BLEUES, Customer Service, BP 217, 13431 Marseille Cedex 06.
Shortly after the end of your stay, you will also receive a satisfaction questionnaire via e-mail, inviting you to share your experience.
This information is destined for Vacances Bleues. As long as you give your prior consent, we may exceptionally forward it to third parties (commercial partners, etc.). We would remind you that, merely by making the request in writing, you have the right to access, change, rectify or remove information about that you that could identify you, pursuant to the French "Computing and Freedoms" Law of 6 January, 1978.
Vacances Bleues offers you the option of referring a friend. Together you will benefit from a € 40 reduction on your next stays (the offer is subject to conditions). To learn more, click here!
- How will I know if my reservation has actually been confirmed?
- I’m having a problem making my reservation online, who can help me?
- Can I safely pay with a credit card?
- Can I pay for my stay other than by credit card?
- Can I pay for my stay with holiday vouchers?
- Must I pay for the entire stay immediately?
An order confirmation number will appear once your order has been validated online. Confirmation of an order automatically generates the printing of contract.
Within about 48 hours from the time you registered, we will send you confirmation of your reservation with the corresponding invoice.
If you are having the slightest problem in making your reservation online, don’t panic!! Ask for our help online by contacting us at +33 4.91.00.96.49 (no long-distance charge).
Our site uses the PAYBOX securitised payment facility.
- When the purchaser is invited to pay for the order, he/she is sent site from the e-commerce site to the PAYBOX platform which displays an SSL (https) encoded platform to him/her.
- After entering the card data, it will be sent through various checking and fraud management filters, and the PAYBOX SYSTEM will then request authorisation from the Bank Card Network or from the individual issuer concerned.
- The purchaser is then redirected to the e-commerce site with the result of the payment (Accepted / Rejected / Cancelled).
- The Merchant is informed of the result of the transaction in real time, via a computer message sent via the PAYBOX SYSTEM to its web server. A payment slip (small invoice) is also sent to it immediately.
- Every evening, the PAYBOX SYSTEM performs the remote data collection for the day, sending the transactions to the cash server of the Merchant’s bank. The bank then acknowledges receipt of the remote data collected.
Yes, we also offer the option of paying for your stay:
- By bank cheque, postal cheque or money order (not by card order) issued in favour of Vacances Bleues.
- By holiday vouchers
- By telephone
(Any cheques or money orders, even if accompanied by a letter, must show your order number on the back).
The address to which it should be sent is:
32, rue Edmond Rostand
13431 Marseille cedex 06
You can also pay us by visiting one of the Vacances Bleues branches.
Yes, because Vacances Bleues is approved by the Agence Nationale pour les Chèques-Vacances.
We advise you to send them by recorded delivery letter and state your order number.
You will be asked to make a down payment when you make the reservation. This must be paid for at the latest when you receive the statement of your order. Payment of the balance must be made 40 days at the latest before the start of the stay, otherwise we are free to re-assign your room, as stated in our conditions of sale. For last minute reservations (less than 40 days before the departure date), you must pay for the entire stay at the time you make the reservation.
- How can I change or cancel my reservation?
- What are your conditions for changing or cancelling?
- What is the point of the cancellation insurance you are offering me?
By contacting us by phone or by visiting the Vacances Bleues agency in Paris. Your cancellation must be confirmed by registered letter before the beginning of the stay, the date of the post being proof.
In case of cancellation and if you have taken out comprehensive insurance, you must also declare your claim on the ASSURINCO website within 5 working days of the event leading to cancellation: vacancesbleues.assurinco.com
The cancellation of a stay in France or a stay abroad will involve the application of the following penalties:
Cancellation fees applicable to stays in France:
Accommodation (room only, or with breakfast and/or additional meals) for stays of four nights or less: The conditions applicable to amendments and cancellation vary depending on the establishment and the type of rate chosen. The specific conditions will be shown on your quote and on your booking confirmation.
Stays on HB and FB, and rooms booked for more than four nights: If you cancel your booking before the departure date, cancellation fees will apply to the full cost of the booking (except for any booking fees and insurance premiums which are non-refundable and will be retained by VB), as set out below:
- More than 45 days before the start date of your stay: €30 per booking
- Between 45 and 31 days before the start date of your stay: 10% of the cost of the stay;
- Between 30 and 21 days before the start date of your stay: 30% of the cost of the stay;
- Between 20 and 8 days before the start date of your stay: 50% of the cost of the stay;
- Less than 7 days before the start date of your stay: 100% of the cost of the stay;
- For stays which include additional packages, the full cost of such packages will be forfeited.
A cancellation fee of 100% of the cost including tax will be levied in the event of any cancellation of travel tickets (flight, train and bus tickets) purchased through VB for the purpose of travelling to holiday accommodation, irrespective of the date of cancellation.
Cancellation fees applicable to journeys abroad:
If you cancel your booking before the departure date, cancellation fees will apply to the full cost of the booking (except for any booking fees and insurance premiums which will be retained by VB), including all taxes, as set out below:
- More than 65 days before the date of departure: 20% of the cost of the journey;
- Between 64 and 31 days before the date of departure: 30% of the cost of the journey;
- Between 30 and 21 days before the date of departure: 50% of the cost of the journey;
- Between 20 and 11 days before the date of departure: 75% of the cost of the journey;
- Less than 10 days before the date of departure: 100% of the cost of the journey.
For tours to Cuba, Croatia and the United States, and stays in Montenegro, the cancellation fees are as follows:
- From the date of booking until 125 days before the date of departure: 30% of the cost of the journey
- Between 124 and 23 days before the date of departure: 45% of the cost of the journey
- Between 22 days before and up to and including the actual date of departure: 100% of the cost of the journey
For stays in Madeira, Tenerife, the Balearic Islands, Ireland and Vietnam, the cancellation fees are as follows:
- From the date of booking until 35 days before the date of departure: 30% of the cost of the journey;
- Less than 34 days before the date of departure: 100% of the cost of the journey
For sea cruises, the cancellation fees are as follows:
- From the date of booking until 120 days before the date of departure: 15% of the cost of the journey
- Between 119 and 91 days before the date of departure: 20% of the cost of the journey;
- Between 90 and 63 days before the date of departure: 40% of the cost of the journey;
- Between 62 and 33 days before the date of departure: 60% of the cost of the journey;
- Between 32 and 22 days before the date of departure: 80% of the cost of the journey;
- Less than 21 days before the date of departure: 100% of the cost of the journey.
For river cruises:
- From the date of booking until 90 days before the date of departure: 25% of the cost of the journey;
- Between 90 and 53 days before the date of departure: 55% of the cost of the journey;
- Between 52 and 33 days before the date of departure: 65% of the cost of the journey;
- Less than 32 days before the date of departure: 100% of the cost of the journey per person.
For all journeys requiring a visa, once the visa application has been submitted, the visa fees are non-refundable.
A multi-risk insurance is offered at the time of your booking for an amount of 3.5% of the total price of the stay (invoiced per person, excluding insurance premium, booking fees and tourist tax). It allows you to benefit from optimal coverage before, during and after your stay. These guarantees bring you more serenity and comfort, to travel with a light mind!
Here are some examples of the insurance covers:
- CANCELLATION: Secure your investment if you cannot travel in case of cancellation (refund of cancellation fees up to €6,000 / person)
- LIABILITY AND SPORT EQUIPMENT: Compensation in the event of loss, theft or damage to your luggage (up to €1,500 / person) or your sports equipment (€500 / sports equipment)
- QUICKLY ASSISTANCE: Assistance and care in the event of medical emergencies at your place of stay (actual costs)
- ASSISTANCE TO YOUR VEHICLE: Reimbursement of breakdown assistance / towing costs (up to 200€) and loan of a vehicle (for 7 days) if your vehicle breaks down or is involved in an accident
Multi-risk insurance must be taken out as soon as the stay is booked.