4 Star Hotel Le Splendid
Dax / Landes
Your 4 Star Hotel Vacances Bleues in Dax
Mythical Hotel from the 30's, Art Deco graphics wonders
Opening in 2018, pre-book your stay now by calling us at 0 825 394 959 :
In the heart of the city, connected to the pedestrian streets of the downtown Dax and near the banks of the Adour, this exceptional place is ideally located to enjoy all the pleasures of the southwest. A region rich in colors and emotions with its festive events (ferias, course landaise, Toros y Salsa festival ...), punctuated by its moments of relaxation in our luxurious spa combining pleasure and relaxation. A real cocoon of well-being with its spaces CARE, ZEN, PLAYFUL and FITNESS.
An exterior in a vegetated garden provides a soothing feeling after a day of discovery. The authentic character of the hotel was sublimated by the bold choices of André Granet, architect of the famous SS Normandie. Its original Art Deco essence has regained its magnificence of the past, and made this hotel a privileged destination for all lovers of the 30s.
This jewel of the Roaring Twenties, completely renovated will regain its splendor of yesteryear from 2018, to write a new page of its rich history.
Le Splendid **** in Dax is:
- 149 spacious and elegant rooms
- 3 refined and spacious suites
- 1 restaurant with gourmet and creative cuisine
- 1 bar with 3 atmospheres
- An innovative spa of 1800 m², a real wellness bubble
- A landscaped garden
- 14 modular seminar rooms
The spirit of the place
Famous personalities have made the reputation of this prestigious hotel: Ernest Hemingway, Jean Cocteau, Sacha Guitry ... all Parisian elite was at Le Splendid! Former rugby player from Dax, Pierre Albaladejo, shares his memories
At the Dax Fiestas, Mastroianni was so amazed by the magnificent hall that he called Fellini: he wanted to get him to shoot here!
Facilities and services
- Free WiFi everywhere in the hotel
- Fitness room and cardio training
- Sauna, Hammam and 15 treatment rooms
Your 4 star hotel in the heart of Dax
Registered as a Historic Monument, this exceptional hotel is a unique place to live.
Its elegant and spacious rooms have retained their Art Deco spirit while offering contemporary comfort. A harmonious encounter between original and modern furniture inspired by the 30s, symbolizing the perfect union between its past and the present.
149 rooms and 3 suites, from 25m ² to 100m ², whose plans and decoration were signed André Granet, architect of the Exposition Universelle.
Area : 20 to 34 m²
Bathroom with shower
Area : 40 to 60 m²
Type of bed : Double bed with sofa bed
Bathroom with shower or bathtub
Area : 40 to 60 m²
Type of bed : Double bed and sofa beb
Bathroom with bath
View with terrace
1 Suite Arena (where the Torero slept)
Area : 60m ²
Type of bed : Double bed and a living room
View with view on the Arena
2 Royal Suites and Prestige
Area : more than 100m²
Type of bed : Double bed and a living room
Bathroom with bath
Extra : two TV, Nespresso machines
Gourmet restaurant in Dax
Our teams will introduce you to creative flavors and a unique culinary experience in an authentic spirit:
- A restaurant room and its terrace opened on the Adour, offers gourmet cuisine and creative, sublimated by its decoration with art deco influences. The chef will concoct you his typical revisited dishes of the terroir.
- A second space with the graphic inspiration of the ere, offers a cozy and intimate atmosphere.A tasty cuisine, is proposed by our teams, a mixture of regional flavors and innovative recipes.
One bar with three unique atmospheres evolve during the year, offering a distinguished menu: quality alcools, festive cocktails or detox cocktails to prolong your well-being experience.
- For aperitif and end of evening in all conviviality, a terrace bar space overlooking its landscaped garden.
- An art deco bar space impregnated with its soul of yesteryear for a confidential atmosphere.
- A bar in the majestic lobby of the hotel, surrounded by gilded silhouettes and stylized glass.
A Spa of Luxury and Wellness in Les Landes
Want to recharge your batteries in a haven of sensory peace? Come experience a unique experience in an idyllic setting where time seems to have stopped and has given way to appeasement.
Founded on the remains of the foundations of the old castle of Dax, this space devoted to serenity offers a remarkable decoration inspired by the 30's.
Pure moments of relaxation and fullness in an area of 1800 m², decorated with mosaics and stone vaults.
An innovative spa where you can wander through 4 spaces, for the promise of exceptional moments:
CARE > Treat your skin with a makeover. A hammam, sauna, 15 cabins for face and body care, including 2 duo cabins with sauna / hammam and shower experience.
ZEN > Moments of rest and relaxation to better connect to your body. Yoga classes, sophrology and relaxation ...
PLAYFUL > Surprising experiences: disconnect a few moments from daily life with our innovative equipment: A large pool equipped with massaging jets, an ice fountain, a Kneipp course at more or less temperatures, hot and cold benches, a flotarium and A caldarium.
FITNESS > Keep in shape and enjoy our facilities to maintain your body fit: room equipped with fitness and cardio equipment, zumba and dance classes.
Packages or treatments will be offered. Contact us !
A hotel in the center of Dax
Le Splendid hotel is in the heart of the city, ideally located for enjoying all the cultural, artistic and local life of Dax.
The Atrium, located in front of the hotel, built in Art Deco style, offers a range of rich and varied shows: plays, dance performances, music festivals ...
Le Splendid will host cultural events in partnership with the city of Dax:
- Reading Meetings: For all lovers of literature, come and meet story makers and participate in several writing workshops during the spring season.
- Salon de la Photo: around different courses, let yourself be surprised by the creativity of our emerging photographers while exploring the charms of the city of Dax.
- Exhibition of Art: sensitive to artistic works, the hotel will propose an innovative programming.
- Concert of classical music: for all the music lovers and enthusiasts of the most beautiful masterpieces of the Classical, we give you soon appointment to Le Splendid
Ideally placed to enjoy the major events of Dax:
- Férias de Dax: highlight of the city, enjoy every moment to discover live shows in every corner.
- Toros y Salsa, a clever mixture of Latin dances and bullfighting, a festive atmosphere that will make you spend unforgettable moments.
The entire Splendid team, a new stronghold of the city's next cultural events, will be delighted to welcome you in 2018 for its reopening.
Discover and Visit Dax, a town in the heart of the Landes
In a jewel of history and culture, Dax is ideally located between the Dordogne and the Basque Country in the heart of the Landes, land of passion and sharing.
Our team of hosts is at your service and will be pleased to inform you about the discoveries of the region, the unusual as well as the essential, the activities and the animations near the hotel.
Like a fish in water
In the center of Dax, immerse yourself in the heart of the Gallo-Roman era by discovering the Hot Fountain, with its thermal water with beneficial properties.
Enjoy the virtues of Dax thermal cures and its ancestral know-how in the preparation of the peloïde (natural mixture of thermal water, Adour silt and blue algae).
20 minutes from the city, let yourself be transported by the hectic waves of the Atlantic Ocean. Large expanses of fine sand, ideal for an afternoon at the beach with family or in couple. Stroll through the narrow streets of Biarritz, Saint-Jean-de-Luz or Hossegor.
All fire all flames
Let yourself be seduced by the good mood of Dax and enjoy the many activities of the city during the summer ...
There are plenty of opportunities to dine in Dax, soak up the local flavors by participating in the typical festivals of the South West region. Dive into the heart of the Landes traditions, discovering the festivals of Dax which are organized around August 15th.
During the féria, the city becomes a permanent feast. Enjoy a multitude of folkloric, musical and theatrical events ... Around a Hispanic atmosphere and a popular fervor, enjoy a walk in the city and discover at every street corner a unique representation: the famous landes races , Flamenco shows, parades, gastronomic workshops ... For the occasion, the inhabitants take on the traditional colors of the region : red and white.
Feel the month of September with the Latin sound during the Toros y Salsa festival, a clever mixture of bullfighting and free concerts.
Feet on the ground
Lovers of regional dishes from the South-West, come and enjoy the city of Dax with a colorful market. A gourmet and generous cuisine with local products, will be proposed to you in our 2 restaurants of the hotel (ducks, foie gras, Espelette pepper ...).
To awaken your taste buds, many farms are open to the public for tasting tours. The proximity with famous culinary cities like Bayonne and Espelette, will make you discover the original taste of their authentic products.
Come and discover its exceptional cultural and historical heritage, its emblematic architecture of the Gallo-Roman style and its Art Deco influences. The hotel Le Splendid, strategically located near the most remarkable sites of the city: the Atrium, the Andalusian-style Arenas, the hot fountain ... Not to mention the neighboring towns full of villas and gardens, typical of the 30's, as Biarritz, Bayonne ...
A large bowl of pure air
Numerous outdoor activities are represented such as hiking trails, hiking around the Sentiers des Barthes and horse races between May and September at the racecourse of the city. 25 minutes from the town of Dax, come to enjoy the remarkable golf courses in Molliets, between Ocean and forest.
Let yourself be carried away by the local fervor by attending rugby matches, the emblematic sport of the Southwest. Come and support the US Dax at the Maurice Boyau stadium!
Rejuvenate yourself in the middle of nature in the heart of a preserved wild place: the Regional Natural Park of Landes de Gascogne.
Immerse yourself in Dax's Hispanic heritage by crossing the border and admiring the treasures of the Spanish Basque Country, San Sebastian is the illustrious representative, the city has retained all its Belle Epoque charm.
Number Phone : 0 825 879 902
DOUBLE ROOM + BREAKFAST: from 110€/person/night in a standard double room
- -25% For any stay of 7 nights: 585€/person/week in a standard double room. Subject to availability. Book now!
- -30% on the night per stay in the spa 3 weeks half-board: from 78€/person/night in a standard double room + 1 SPA ACCESS OFFERED / WEEK
OUR PRICES INCLUDE:
- HALF-BOARD FORMULA: accommodation 7 days / 7 nights (excluding special stays) half board (dinner). Tourist tax and beverages not included.
- OPTIONS : Full board (30 € / night Adults or children over 12 years old - 15 € Children from 2 to 12 years old) - Pets: 18€/night/pet - Access to the spa.
- STAY CURIST: accommodation per night for a stay of 20 nights in half board (dinner) (excluding special stays). Tourist tax and beverages not included.
- Double room by 1 person: between 111 € and 135 € / night depending on the period.
- Privilege Room: extra charge of 20 € / night.
- Deluxe Room: 40 € / night supplement.
- From 2 to 11 years: -20%. This benefit also applies to single-parent families.
- 1st child (-12 years) free if accommodated with 2 adults.
Our offers of the moment
OUR PRICES INCLUDE:
- FORMULA NIGHT + BREAKFAST: Accommodation in a standard double room. From 110 €/person/night
- HALF-BOARD FORMULA: Accommodation in a standard double room. Starting from 780€/person/week
- HALF-BOARD FORMULA + CURIST STAY: Accommodation in a standard double room. From 78 €/person/night