4 Star Hotel Le Splendid
Dax / Landes
Your 4 Star Hotel Vacances Bleues in Dax
Your host at the Splendid
Our team awaits you to make you live unforgettable experiences in this place and this region strong in traditions: gastronomy with the colors of the soil, relaxation and serenity in our spa... Push the doors of this mythical and warm place and let yourself be tempted.
Mythical Hotel from the 30's, Art Deco graphics wonders
Opening in 2018, pre-book your stay now by calling us at 0 825 394 959
In the heart of the city, connected to the pedestrian streets of the downtown Dax and near the banks of the Adour, this exceptional place is ideally located to enjoy all the pleasures of the southwest. A region rich in colors and emotions with its festive events (ferias, course landaise, Toros y Salsa festival ...), punctuated by its moments of relaxation in our luxurious spa combining pleasure and relaxation. A real cocoon of well-being with its spaces CARE, ZEN, PLAYFUL and FITNESS.
An exterior in a vegetated garden provides a soothing feeling after a day of discovery. The authentic character of the hotel was sublimated by the bold choices of André Granet, architect of the famous SS Normandie. Its original Art Deco essence has regained its magnificence of the past, and made this hotel a privileged destination for all lovers of the 30s. This jewel of the Roaring Twenties, completely renovated will regain its splendor of yesteryear from 2018, to write a new page of its rich history.
Le Splendid **** in Dax is:
- 146 spacious and elegant rooms
- 3 refined and spacious suites
- 1 restaurant with gourmet and creative cuisine
- 1 bar with 3 atmospheres
- An innovative spa of 1800 m², a real wellness bubble (not allowed for children under 16)
- A landscaped garden
- 14 modular seminar rooms
The spirit of the place
Inscribed in the Heritage of Historic Monuments, this luxurious palace is an architectural masterpiece from the 1930s whose plans and decoration were designed by André Granet, architect of the universal exhibitions. Famous personalities made the fame of this prestigious hotel: Ernest Hemingway, Jean Cocteau, Sacha Guitry, Kessel... all the Parisian gotha met at the Splendid! The former rugby player from Dax, Pierre Albaladejo, shares his memories with us.
At the Dax Fiestas, Mastroianni was so amazed by the magnificent hall that he called Fellini: he wanted to get him to shoot here!
Facilities and services
- Free WiFi everywhere in the hotel
- Fitness room and cardio training
- Sauna, Hammam and 15 treatment rooms
Our good tips: For a weekend in an old castle with a rich history, we recommend the Château De Monvillargenne, a 4-star hotel on the outskirts of Paris.
Your 4 star hotel in the heart of Dax
Registered as a Historic Monument, this exceptional hotel is a unique place to live.
Its elegant and spacious rooms have retained their Art Deco spirit while offering contemporary comfort. A harmonious encounter between original and modern furniture inspired by the 30s, symbolizing the perfect union between its past and the present.
Make your stay unforgettable: choose a Deluxe room with terrace!
146 rooms (4 of which can accommodate people with reduced mobility) and 3 suites, from 25m ² to 100m ², whose plans and decoration were signed André Granet, architect of the Exposition Universelle.
Area : 20 to 34 m²
Bathroom with shower
Area : 40 to 60 m²
Type of bed : Double bed with sofa bed
Bathroom with shower or bathtub
Area : 40 to 60 m²
Type of bed : Double bed and sofa beb
Bathroom with bath
View with terrace
1 Suite Arena (where the Torero slept)
Area : 60m ²
Type of bed : Double bed and a living room
View with view on the Arena
2 Royal Suites and Prestige
Area : more than 100m²
Type of bed : Double bed and a living room
Bathroom with bath
Extra : two TV, Nespresso machines
Gourmet restaurant in Dax
Our teams will introduce you to creative flavors and a unique culinary experience in an authentic spirit:
- A restaurant room and its terrace opened on the Adour, offers gourmet cuisine and creative, sublimated by its decoration with art deco influences. The chef will concoct you his typical revisited dishes of the terroir.
- A second space with the graphic inspiration of the ere, offers a cozy and intimate atmosphere.A tasty cuisine, is proposed by our teams, a mixture of regional flavors and innovative recipes.
One bar with three unique atmospheres evolve during the year, offering a distinguished menu: quality alcools, festive cocktails or detox cocktails to prolong your well-being experience.
- For aperitif and end of evening in all conviviality, a terrace bar space overlooking its landscaped garden.
- An art deco bar space impregnated with its soul of yesteryear for a confidential atmosphere.
- A bar in the majestic lobby of the hotel, surrounded by gilded silhouettes and stylized glass.
A Spa of luxury and well-being
There, everything is nothing but order and beauty, luxury, calm and voluptuousness.
Want to recharge your batteries in a haven of sensory peace? Come experience a unique experience in an idyllic setting where time seems to have stopped and has given way to appeasement.
Founded on the remains of the foundations of the old castle of Dax, this space devoted to serenity offers a remarkable decoration inspired by the 30's.
Pure moments of relaxation and fullness in an area of 1800 m², decorated with mosaics and stone vaults:
- 1,800 m2 dedicated to serenity, in a unique setting where the stone vaults of the old castle blend in with the mosaics inspired by the 1930s.
- Large spa pool equipped with massage jets, ice fountain, Kneipp course, hot and cold benches, flotation tank and caldarium.
- Fitness room, hammam, sauna and 15 treatment rooms including 2 duet cabins with private hammam. Healthcare packages or à la carte*.
Packages or treatments will be offered. Contact us !
An innovative spa where you can wander through 4 spaces, for the promise of exceptional moments:
CARE > Treat your skin with a makeover. A hammam, sauna, 15 cabins for face and body care, including 2 duo cabins with sauna / hammam and shower experience.
ZEN > Moments of rest and relaxation to better connect to your body. Yoga classes, sophrology and relaxation ...
PLAYFUL > Surprising experiences: disconnect a few moments from daily life with our innovative equipment: A large pool equipped with massaging jets, an ice fountain, a Kneipp course at more or less temperatures, hot and cold benches, a flotarium and A caldarium.
FITNESS > Keep in shape and enjoy our facilities to maintain your body fit: room equipped with fitness and cardio equipment, dance classes.
*(not allowed for children under 16)
A moment for you...
Discover the five worlds of rituals: natural products and ancestral techniques meet to create care imbued with quality, authenticity and ceremonial.
À LA CARTE TREATMENT PACKAGES
With "Cinq Mondes - Spa Paris", treat yourself to the best of wellness and beauty rituals from all over the world: exfoliation, massages, slimming treatments, beauty treatments...
RITUAL OF THE ORIENT: 2 days - 5 treatments - 180€
Day 1: Traditional hammam, purifying scrub with "Beldi® Black Soap", purifying and detoxifying wrap with "Crème de Rassoul®", moisturizing with Sumptuous Oil® from the Orient.
Day 2: Traditional hammam, traditional relaxing oriental massage.
AYURVÉDIQUE RITUAL: 2 days - 4 treatments - 225€
Day 1: Energizing aromatic exfoliation with spices, Indian Ayurvedic massage invigorating.
Day 2: "Flower Ritual of Bali®" radiance facial massage, relaxing leg massage.
YOUTH RITUAL: 2 days - 4 treatments - 270€
Day 1: Face massage care "Ko Bi Do" lifting and plumping, relaxing massage of the legs.
Day 2: Energizing aromatic exfoliation with spices, Indian Ayurvedic massage invigorating.
WELL-BEING RITUAL: 3 days - 6 treatments - 405€
Day 1: Energizing aromatic exfoliation with spices, Indian Ayurvedic massage invigorating.
Day 2: "Ko Bi Do" face massage, lifting and plumping, relaxing leg massage.
Day 3: Purifying scrub with "Beldi® Black Soap", traditional relaxing oriental massage..
Thermal Cure from Dax
The leading spa destination in France, Dax thermal cures are specialized in rheumatology and phlebology.
Facing the Jean Nouvel thermal baths and close to the other thermal centres of the city, the hotel & spa Le Splendid de Dax is ideally located to enjoy the benefits of a spa while enjoying the attraction of the city centre, directly accessible on foot. Catering and services adapted to the schedules of care.
THERMAL CURE: You will be able to choose the thermal baths of Jean Nouvel opposite the hotel or other thermal centres of the city.
LAUNCH OFFER -30%:
CURIST STAY from €78/night in half board + 1 ACCESS SPA OFFERED / WEEK.
A four star hotel in the center of Dax
Le Splendid hotel is in the heart of the city, ideally located for enjoying all the cultural, artistic and local life of Dax.
The Atrium, located in front of the hotel, built in Art Deco style, offers a range of rich and varied shows: plays, dance performances, music festivals ...
Le Splendid will host cultural events in partnership with the city of Dax:
- Reading Meetings from 27 to 29 April 2018: For all lovers of literature, come and meet story makers and participate in several writing workshops during the spring season.
- Musical event: André Manoukian comes to Spendid and tells us the History of Jazz! Early summer 2018.
- Salon de la Photo: around different courses, let yourself be surprised by the creativity of our emerging photographers while exploring the charms of the city of Dax.
- Exhibition of Art: sensitive to artistic works, the hotel will propose an innovative programming.
- Concert of classical music: for all the music lovers and enthusiasts of the most beautiful masterpieces of the Classical, we give you soon appointment to Le Splendid
Ideally placed to enjoy the major events of Dax:
- Férias de Dax from 11 to 18 August 2018: highlight of the city, enjoy every moment to discover live shows in every corner.
- Toros y Salsa from 8 to 10 September 2018: a clever mixture of Latin dances and bullfighting, a festive atmosphere that will make you spend unforgettable moments.
The entire Splendid team, a new stronghold of the city's next cultural events, will be delighted to welcome you in 2018 for its reopening.
Discover and Visit Dax, a town in the heart of the Landes
In a jewel of history and culture, Dax is ideally located between the Dordogne and the Basque Country in the heart of the Landes, land of passion and sharing.
Our team of hosts is at your service and will be pleased to inform you about the discoveries of the region, the unusual as well as the essential, the activities and the animations near the hotel.
Like a fish in water
In the center of Dax, immerse yourself in the heart of the Gallo-Roman era by discovering the Hot Fountain, with its thermal water with beneficial properties.
Enjoy the virtues of Dax thermal cures and its ancestral know-how in the preparation of the peloïde (natural mixture of thermal water, Adour silt and blue algae).
20 minutes from the city, let yourself be transported by the hectic waves of the Atlantic Ocean. Large expanses of fine sand, ideal for an afternoon at the beach with family or in couple. Stroll through the narrow streets of Biarritz, Saint-Jean-de-Luz or Hossegor.
All fire all flames
Let yourself be seduced by the good mood of Dax and enjoy the many activities of the city during the summer... There are plenty of opportunities to dine in Dax, soak up the local flavors by participating in the typical festivals of the South West region. Dive into the heart of the Landes traditions, discovering the festivals of Dax which are organized around August 15th.
During the féria, the city becomes a permanent feast. Enjoy a multitude of folkloric, musical and theatrical events ... Around a Hispanic atmosphere and a popular fervor, enjoy a walk in the city and discover at every street corner a unique representation: the famous landes races , Flamenco shows, parades, gastronomic workshops ... For the occasion, the inhabitants take on the traditional colors of the region : red and white.
Feel the month of September with the Latin sound during the Toros y Salsa festival, a clever mixture of bullfighting and free concerts.
Feet on the ground
Lovers of regional dishes from the South-West, come and enjoy the city of Dax with a colorful market. A gourmet and generous cuisine with local products, will be proposed to you in our 2 restaurants of the hotel (ducks, foie gras, Espelette pepper ...).
To awaken your taste buds, many farms are open to the public for tasting tours. The proximity with famous culinary cities like Bayonne and Espelette, will make you discover the original taste of their authentic products.
Come and discover its exceptional cultural and historical heritage, its emblematic architecture of the Gallo-Roman style and its Art Deco influences. The hotel Le Splendid, strategically located near the most remarkable sites of the city: the Atrium, the Andalusian-style Arenas, the hot fountain ... Not to mention the neighboring towns full of villas and gardens, typical of the 30's, as Biarritz, Bayonne ...
A large bowl of pure air
Numerous outdoor activities are represented such as hiking trails, hiking around the Sentiers des Barthes and horse races between May and September at the racecourse of the city. 25 minutes from the town of Dax, come to enjoy the remarkable golf courses in Molliets, between Ocean and forest.
Let yourself be carried away by the local fervor by attending rugby matches, the emblematic sport of the Southwest. Come and support the US Dax at the Maurice Boyau stadium!
Rejuvenate yourself in the middle of nature in the heart of a preserved wild place: the Regional Natural Park of Landes de Gascogne.
Immerse yourself in Dax's Hispanic heritage by crossing the border and admiring the treasures of the Spanish Basque Country, San Sebastian is the illustrious representative, the city has retained all its Belle Epoque charm.
Every week, excursions* are offered in partnership with the city of Dax. Ticketing service for museums, parks, shows...
*With a supplement.
The surprising advice!
Visit a ganaderia, typical bull farm.
- Dax and its richness: the Fontaine Chaude, the arenas in the Andalusian style, the Basilica...
- The Atlantic coast at 30 mn: Hossegor and its surf spots, Biarritz, Bordeaux...
- Farms to discover the flavours of the Sud-Ouest: making foie gras, Espelette peppers, Bayonne ham...
To practice nearby:
- 8 golf courses 25 minutes from Dax and less than 30 km away. Partnership with the golf course of Hossegor at 25 mn from the hotel.
- The paths of the Barthes, walks in the natural area of Boulogne.
Number Phone : 0033 (0)5 58 35 20 10
Airport of Biarritz 60km.
Station of Dax 5 mn from the hotel (taxi)
Good to know : near TGV, 1h from Bordeaux and 3h15 from Paris
- Our staff is aware of the need to welcome customers with disabilities.
DOUBLE ROOM + BREAKFAST: from 107€
- OUR BEST OFFERS:
-35% For any stay of 4 nights with half-board or full-board: from 310€ per person for half board for 4 nights (standard double room). Subject to availability. Book now!
-30% on the night per curist stay 3 weeks: from 78€ per person the night in half board + 1 ACCESS SPA FREE / WEEK (in standard double room)
- OUR PRICES INCLUDE:
HALF-BOARD FORMULA: Accommodation 7 days / 7 nights from Saturday to Saturday (excluding special stays) in half-board (dinner). Tourist tax and drinks not included.
Options : Full board (25 € / night Adults or children over 12 years old - 18 € Children from 2 to 12 years old) - Access to the spa - Cats and small dogs accepted (less than 8kg). Only 1 animal per accommodation, not allowed in the common areas. Dangerous animals are not allowed. 18€ per night and per pet.
STAY CURIST: Accommodation per night for a stay of 20 nights in half board (breakfast + dinner) (excluding events: Feria de Dax from 11 to 16/08/18). Offer cannot be combined with other advantages or promotions.
Double room by 1 person: between 159 € and 193 € / night depending on the period.
Privilege Room: extra charge of 30 € / night.
Deluxe Room: 40 € / night supplement.
Suite : 50 € / night supplement.
FREE for children under 2 years old
From 2 to 11 years: -20%. This benefit also applies to single-parent families.
1st child (-12 years old) free if accommodated with 2 adults.
Our offers of the moment
OUR PRICES INCLUDE:
- DOUBLE ROOM + BREAKFAST: from 107€
- HALF-BOARD FORMULA: Accommodation 7 days / 7 nights from Saturday to Saturday (excluding special stays) in half-board (dinner). Tourist tax and drinks not included.
- HALF-BOARD FORMULA + CURIST STAY: Accommodation per night for a stay of 20 nights in half board (breakfast + dinner) (excluding events: Feria de Dax from 11 to 16/08/18). Offer cannot be combined with other advantages or promotions.
- Options : Full board (25 € / night Adults or children over 12 years old - 18 € Children from 2 to 12 years old) - Pets: 18€/night/pet *- Access to the spa.
* Cats and small dogs accepted (less than 8kg). Only 1 animal per accommodation, not allowed in the common areas. Dangerous animals are not allowed. 18€ per night and per pet.