General and special conditions of sale
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF SALE, 2018
Updated on 11 January 2018
These general conditions of sale (hereafter GCS) are applicable to all sales of stays in France or journeys abroad (hereafter 'Journey(s)') organised by the company DIFFUSION TOURISME, the commercial agency of the Vacances Bleues Group.
When you make a booking for a journey and/or a stay organised by DIFFUSION TOURISME, you, the Customer, are deemed to be in agreement with the general and special conditions set out below.
You acknowledge that you are have the capacity to enter into a contract under the said conditions, i.e. that you are of legal age and are not under guardianship or curatorship.
On certain occasions, VACANCES BLEUES (hereafter 'VB') may publish on its website stays which are governed by specific pricing conditions or journeys in addition to those featured in its brochure, and which may involve either scheduled or special flights. Such bookings will therefore be governed by the specific terms and conditions (e.g. deposits, payment terms, cancellation, etc.) shown on your quote. The other provisions set out herein will still apply.
In the event of any contradictions between the quote and these conditions, the quote will prevail.
These GCS are governed by articles R-211.3 to R-211.13 of the French Tourism Code relating to the organisation and sale of journeys or stays, amended by decree no. 2009-1650 dated 23 December 2009, in force at 1 November 2017.
Pursuant to articles L.211-7 and L.211-17 of the French Tourism Code, the provisions of articles R.211-3 to R.211-11 of the French Tourism Code, which is reproduced in full below, do not apply to bookings or sales of travel tickets or seasonal accommodation that are not part of a tourist package.
ARTICLES OF THE TOURISM CODE
Without prejudice to the exclusions provided for in the third and fourth paragraphs of Article L. 211-7, any offer and any sale of travel and holiday services require the relevant documents to be delivered, and which must comply with the rules set forth in this section. In the case of the sale of tickets for air travel or the sale of tickets for travel on regular services not accompanied by services linked to the transport itself, the vendor provides the purchaser with one or more travel tickets for the entire journey, issued by the carrier or under its responsibility. In the case of transport being provided on request, the name and address of the carrier on whose behalf the tickets have been issued must be stated. The separate invoicing of the various elements making up a tourist package does not release the vendor from any of their obligations as set forth in provisions of this section.
The exchange of pre-contractual information or the provision of contractual conditions must be done in writing. This may be done electronically subject to the validity and procedural conditions provided for in Articles 1369-1 to 1369-11 of the civil code. The vendor's name or company name and address must be stated, along with its commercial registry number, as provided for in Article L. 141-3, or, alternatively, the name, address and registry details of the federation or union must be stated, as set forth in the second paragraph of Article R. 211-2.
Prior to the signing of the contract, the vendor must provide the purchaser with information about the prices, dates and other elements that make up the service provided for the journey or stay. These include:
1. The destination, means, characteristics and categories of transport used;
2. The type of accommodation, its location, its level of comfort and main characteristics, its accreditation and tourist ratings in accordance with the regulations or practices in the host country;
3. The type of meal service that will be provided;
4. A description of the itinerary in the case of tours;
5. The administrative and health formalities to be carried out by those who are nationals of, or are coming from, another European Union Member State or a State that is a member of the European Economic Area, particularly where borders are to be crossed, and the time required for their fulfilment;
6. The visits, excursions and other services included in the package price or available at a supplement;
7. The minimum or maximum number of participants required for the journey or stay to go ahead, and where a minimum number of participants is required, the date by which the purchaser must be informed in the event of cancellation; this date may not be less than twenty-one days prior to the departure date;
8. The amount or percentage of the price to be paid as a deposit at the time of booking and the schedule for payment of the balance;
9. The methods for revising prices as provided for in the contract, pursuant to Article R. 211-8;
10. The conditions for cancelling the contract;
11. The conditions for cancellation as set forth in Articles R. 211-9, R.211-10 and R. 211-11;
12. Information about optional insurance providing cover for certain types of cancellation or assistance under certain circumstances such as repatriation in the case of accident or illness;
13. When the package includes the provision of air transport, the information about each leg of the journey as required under Articles R. 211-15 to R. 211-18.
The vendor is bound by any information it gives to the purchaser prior to the purchase, except where the vendor has expressly reserved the right to modify certain elements therein. In this case, the vendor must clearly state to what extent said modifications may be made and to which elements they may apply. In any event, before signing the contract, the purchaser must be informed of any changes made to the information that was provided initially.
The contract between the vendor and the purchaser must be made in writing, in duplicate, and signed by both parties. One of the copies shall be given to the purchaser. In the case of contracts signed electronically, Articles 1369-1 to 1369-11 of the civil code apply. The contract must contain the following clauses:
1. The name and address of the vendor, its guarantor and its insurer, and the name and address of the organiser;
2. The destination(s) and, where the package includes stays in more than one place, the different periods and dates;
3. The means, characteristics and categories of the transport used, and the dates and places of departure and return;
4. The type of accommodation, its location, its level of comfort and main characteristics, and its tourist rating in accordance with the regulations or practices in the host country;
5. The type of meal service that will be provided;
6. The itinerary, in the case of tours;
7. The visits, excursions or other services included in the total price of the journey or stay;
8. The total price of the services invoiced and information about any revision to said price as a result of the provisions of Article R. 211-8;
9. An indication, where applicable, of any charges or taxes associated with certain services, such as landing fees, arrival tax or boarding tax in ports and airports, or tourist taxes where these are not included in the price of the service(s) provided;
10. The schedule and methods of payment; in any event, the final payment made by the purchaser may not be less than 30% of the price paid for the journey or stay and must be made when the purchaser is issued with the tickets and other documents for the journey or stay;
11. The specific conditions requested by the purchaser and accepted by the vendor;
12. The procedures by which the purchaser can make a claim against the vendor for failure to perform or for inadequate performance of the contract; such claims must be made as quickly as possible, by any means that enable the purchaser to verify receipt by the vendor, and, alternatively, made in writing to the tour organiser and service provider in question;
13. The date by which the vendor must inform the purchaser of the cancellation of the journey or stay in those cases where a minimum number of participants is required for it to go ahead, pursuant to Article R. 211-4, paragraph 7;
14. The conditions for cancelling the contract;
15. The conditions for cancellation provided for in Articles R. 211-9, R. 211-10 and R. 211-11;
16. Details of the risks covered and the amount guaranteed under the terms of the vendor's civil and professional liability insurance policy;
17. Details of the insurance policy taken out by the purchaser to cover the consequences of cancellation in certain circumstances (policy number and name of the insurer), as well as the details of the policy providing assistance under certain circumstances, in particular repatriation costs in the event of an accident or illness; in such cases, the vendor must provide the purchaser with a document that outlines, at least, the risks covered and those excluded;
18. The date by which the purchaser must inform the vendor if they intend to transfer the contract to someone else;
19. A commitment by the vendor to provide the purchaser with the following information at least ten days before the anticipated date of departure: a) the name, address and telephone number of the vendor's local representative, or, alternatively, the names, addresses and telephone numbers of local organisations that may be able to assist the traveller in the event of need, or, alternatively, an emergency telephone number which can be used to contact the vendor; b) where the journey or stay abroad is for a minor, a telephone number and address providing direct contact with the child or the person in charge at the place where the child is staying.
20. A clause providing for termination of the contract and reimbursement of all monies paid by the purchaser in the event of failure to meet the obligatory information requirements provided for in paragraph 13 of Article R. 211-4;
21. A commitment by the vendor to provide the purchaser with details of the departure and arrival times, in timely fashion prior to the start of the journey or stay.
The purchaser may transfer the contract to another party who meets the same conditions as the purchaser so that said party may travel or stay in the purchaser's place, as long as the contract has not yet come into effect. Except where expressly stipulated to the contrary, the purchaser transferring a contract is required to inform the vendor of its decision by any means enabling receipt to be verified, no later than seven days before the start date of the journey. In the case of cruises, the notice given must not be less than 15 days. Under no circumstance shall the vendor's prior authorisation be required for such a transfer.
If the contract expressly provides for the possibility of revising the price, and subject to the provisions of Article L211-12, it must stipulate the precise methods for calculating any upward or downward variation in price and, in particular, the value of the related transport charges and taxes, the currency or currencies that may affect the price of the journey or stay, the portion of the price to which the variation applies, and the exchange rate(s) being used as a reference when establishing the price that appears in the contract.
In the event that, prior to the purchaser's departure, the vendor is forced to modify one of the core elements of the contract, such as a significant price increase, and disregards the obligation to inform the purchaser as required under Article R. 211-4, paragraph 13, the purchaser may, without prejudice to their right to seek redress for any damages, and having been informed of the change by the vendor using any means enabling verification of receipt:
either terminate the contract and receive a full and immediate refund of all monies paid;
or accept the change or alternative package offered by the vendor; in this case, an addendum to the contract, stipulating the changes, must be signed by both parties; any price decrease is to be deducted from any monies still owed by the purchaser or, if the payment already made by the purchaser exceeds the price of the modified service, the excess amount must be refunded to the purchaser prior to departure.
If, prior to the purchaser's departure, the vendor cancels the journey or stay under the circumstances provided for in Article L. 211-14, the vendor must inform the purchaser by any means enabling verification of receipt; without prejudice to their right to seek redress for any damages, the purchaser shall receive a full and immediate refund of all monies paid; in this case, the purchaser receives compensation that is at least equal to the penalty that would have been due if the cancellation had been made by the purchaser on the same date. The provisions of this article in no way prevent the parties from reaching an amicable agreement under which the purchaser accepts the alternative journey or stay offered by the vendor.
In the event that, following the purchaser's departure, the vendor is unable to provide a significant part of the services set forth in the contract, and which represents a substantial percentage of the price paid by the purchaser, the vendor must immediately take the following steps, without prejudice to the right to seek redress for any damages:
either offer alternative services in lieu of the agreed services, covering any additional costs involved, and, in the event that the services accepted by the purchaser are inferior in quality, refunding the difference in price upon the purchaser's return; or, if the vendor is unable to offer any alternative services or if the purchaser refuses to accept the alternative for valid reasons, provide the purchaser, at no extra cost, with the means to return to the departure location, or any other location which is acceptable to both parties, in conditions deemed to be equivalent to those of the services originally booked. The provisions of this article are applicable in the event of failure to respect the obligation set forth in Article R.211-4, paragraph 13.
SPECIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE 2017/2018
Clause One • PRELIMINARY INFORMATION
The brochure, content of the website www.vacancesbleues.com, the quote, proposal and programme form the preliminary information referred to by Article R.211-5 of the French Tourism Code.
Clause Two • BOOKING
Journeys may be booked over the phone with our call centre on +33 (0)91 00 96 48, or online on our website www.vacancesbleues.com, or by contacting the establishment direct. The contact details for the establishment and the telephone number of the agent responsible for administering your file (non-premium rate number) are shown on the quote. Your booking is not confirmed until you have paid the deposit or provided us with a credit card number as set forth in Clause 6 herein, and we have sent you confirmation of your booking. Your booking confirmation serves as a booking form. A copy will be sent to you by e-mail at the address you provided when making your booking. You agree to the use of e-mail for the purposes of finalising the contract or for the transmission of information relating to the performance of the contract, pursuant to Article 1369-2 of the civil code.
Clause Three • NO RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL
You are informed that, in accordance with Article L.121-20-4 of the French Consumer Code, you do not have the right of withdrawal as provided for in Article L. 121-20 and following of said code. Consequently, all sales of stays, journeys and tours are governed by the cancellation and amendment conditions set forth in Clause Seven.
Clause Four • BOOKING FEES
For all bookings for journeys of more than four nights, VB will charge a booking fee of 20 euros per booking. Booking fees are not refundable unless the journey is cancelled by VB.
Clause Five • PRICES
Prices shown as 'from' are valid for certain dates and are subject to availability. The final price will be confirmed at the time of booking. Prices for stays on half board and full board are considered package prices and cannot be broken down into component parts. Unless specifically stated otherwise, prices do not include expenditure of a personal nature (e.g. laundry charges, telephone, drinks, room service, tips, etc.) and more generally any service not specifically listed as being included in the preliminary information documents.
Prices are shown in euros and include all taxes (except tourist tax), but exclude any booking fees and insurance. In the case of journeys abroad, the 'all taxes included price' means that all variable taxes connected to the transport (e.g. airport taxes, security taxes and fuel and solidarity surcharges) are included in the price. Prices are subject to change as set forth in Clause Eight.
Several different prices may be offered if you wish to make a booking of four nights or less, depending on whether you require accommodation only, bed and breakfast, and/or any additional meals. Such prices may be flexible, allowing you to make late changes or cancel your booking without penalties, or they may be promotional prices that cannot be cancelled or refunded. The specific payment and cancellation conditions for these prices will be shown on the quote and on your booking confirmation.
Clause Six • PAYMENT
Bookings for journeys, stays or accommodation of more than four nights will only be accepted subject to the payment of a deposit corresponding to 30% of the total cost of the booking. The balance is payable:
- No later than 65 days before departure in the case of river and sea cruises
- No later than 45 days before departure for journeys abroad and stays in France (except for specific stays)
For bookings made after the final payment date, full payment is due at the time of booking.
Specific payment and cancellation conditions apply to accommodation bookings (accommodation only, bed and breakfast, and/or additional meals) of four nights or less, depending on the establishment and the type of rate chosen. These conditions will be shown on the quote and on the booking confirmation.
A deposit is not required for such bookings but you must provide credit card details (card number, name on the card, expiry date and security code) in order to guarantee the payment of your stay.
In the case of prices which cannot be cancelled and are non-refundable, your stay must be paid in full when your booking is confirmed.
Methods of Payment
The following methods can be used to pay for your stay:
- Credit card (Visa, Eurocard/Mastercard and American Express);
- Bank or postal transfer;
- Bank cheque made payable to Vacances Bleues and with following details written on the back (even if you enclose a covering letter): name, date of stay, name of establishment, contract number;
- Cash up to the permitted legal limit, i.e. 1,000 euros:
- Holiday vouchers: may be used to pay the deposit and the balance in the case of stays in France. For journeys abroad, they may only be used to pay the balance. They must be valid at the time of booking. Holiday vouchers used to pay the balance of a booking must be received no later than 65 days before departure for river and sea cruises and for journeys abroad. They must be made payable to Vacances Bleues. We recommend that you send them to us using a secure method, e.g. registered mail or a courier service depending on the value of the holiday vouchers. VB declines all liability in the event of such vouchers going missing or being stolen in transit.
If you do not pay the sums due for your booking by the final payment dates set out above, VB will be entitled to release your booking and will be fully and legally entitled to cancel the contract without notice for reasons imputable to you. Cancellation penalties will then be due to VB as set forth in Clauses Seven and Eight. Any person who has defaulted on the payment of a previous booking will be refused any further bookings until such time as the monies owed have been paid in full.
Clause Seven • AMENDMENT OR CANCELLATION OF BOOKING BY YOU, THE CUSTOMER
If you wish to amend or cancel your booking you must inform VB in writing using a method that allows receipt to be confirmed. The date on which your written communication is received will be the date used to calculate any penalties or fees. Any amendment or cancellation requests received on a Saturday, Sunday, public holiday or non-business day, or which are received after 5 pm, shall be considered as having been received on the next business day thereafter.
Cancellation fees applicable to stays in France:
Accommodation (accommodation only, or bed and breakfast and/or additional meals) for stays of four nights or less: The conditions applicable to amendments and cancellation vary depending on the establishment and the type of rate chosen. The specific conditions will be shown on your quote and on your booking confirmation.
Stays on HB and FB, and rooms booked for more than four nights:
If you cancel your booking, cancellation fees will apply to the full cost of the booking (except for any booking fees and insurance premiums which are non-refundable and will be retained by VB), as set out below:
More than 45 days before the start date of your stay: €30 per booking;
- Between 45 days and 31 days before the start date of your stay: 10% of the cost of the stay;
- Between 30 days and 21 days before the start date of your stay: 30% of the cost of the stay;
- Between 20 days and 8 days before the start date of your stay: 50% of the cost of the stay;
- Seven days or less before the start of your stay: 100% of the cost of the stay;
For stays which include additional packages, the full cost of such packages will be forfeited.
A cancellation fee of 100% of the cost including tax will be levied in the event of any cancellation of travel tickets (flight, train and bus tickets) purchased through VB for the purpose of travelling to holiday accommodation, irrespective of the date of cancellation.
Cancellation fees applicable to journeys abroad:
If you cancel your booking before departure, cancellation fees will apply per person to the full cost of the booking (except for any booking fees and insurance premiums which are non-refundable and will be retained by VB), as set out below, including all taxes:
- More than 45 days before the date of departure: 20% of the cost of the journey;
- Between 45 days and 31 days before the date of departure: 30% of the cost of the journey;
- Between 30 days and 21 days before the date of departure: 50% of the cost of the journey;
- Between 20 days and 11 days before the date of departure: 75% of the cost of the journey;
- Ten days or less before the date of departure: 100% of the cost of journey.
- For tours to Montenegro, the United States and Peru, cancellation fees are as follows:
- From the date of booking until 63 days before the date of departure: 10% of the cost of the journey;
- Between 62 and 29 days before the date of departure: 35% of the cost of the journey;
- Between 28 days and 8 days before the date of departure: 60% of the cost of the journey;
- Between 7 and 5 days before the date of departure: 80% of the cost of the journey;
- Four days or less before the date of departure: 100% of the cost of the journey;
- For stays in Madeira, Tenerife, the Balearic Islands, the Algarve, Croatia, Sicily, Sardinia, Ireland and Vietnam, cancellation fees are as follows:
- From the date of booking until 35 days before the date of departure: 15% of the cost of the journey;
- Thirty-four days or less before the date of departure: 100% of the cost of the journey. For sea cruises, cancellation fees are as follows:
- From the date of booking until 120 days before the date of departure: 15% of the cost of the journey;
- Between 119 days and 91 days before the date of departure: 20% of the cost of the journey;
- Between 90 days and 63 days before the date of departure: 40% of the cost of the journey;
- Between 62 days and 33 days before the date of departure: 60% of the cost of the journey;
- Between 32 days and 22 days before the date of departure: 80% of the cost of the journey;
- Twenty-one days or less before the date of departure: 100% of the cost of journey. For river cruises:
- From the date of booking until 90 days before the date of departure: 25% of the cost of the journey;
- Between 90 days and 53 days before the eve of departure: 55% of the cost of the journey;
- Between 52 days and 33 days before the eve of departure: 65% of the cost of the journey;
- Thirty-two days or less before the date of departure: 100% of the cost of the journey per person.
- For all journeys requiring a visa, once the visa application has been submitted, fees are non-refundable.
Clause Eight • AMENDMENT OR CANCELLATION OF BOOKING BY VB
Possible changes to your programme
VB may be forced to make changes to the programme as originally planned, either for reasons of its own or for reasons beyond its control. Excursions or parts of a programme may have to be amended in accordance with local conditions or if the destinations become inaccessible.
VB reserves the right to increase or lower prices within the limits set forth in articles L.211-12 and R.211-8 of the French Tourism Code, in order to address the following:
the cost of transport, specifically with regard to the cost of fuel;
fluctuation in charges and fees relating to the services provided, such as landing fees and arrival and departure taxes at ports and airports;
fluctuating exchange rates.
The prices of the journeys advertised in this brochure were calculated on the basis of the currencies used to pay the foreign service providers as shown below, and apply to all stays from 1 June 2017:
- For Israel and Asia, except Japan: 1 USD = 0.88 EUR;
- For Japan: 1 EUR = 128.22 JPY
- For Peru and the USA: 1 USD = 0.86 EUR;
- For Canada: 1 CAD = 0.70 EUR;
- For Scotland: 1 GBP = 1.16 EUR;
- For South Africa: 1 ZAR = 0.073 EUR.
Any such price changes will apply to every person already booked or who subsequently books and will be applied to invoices no later than 30 days prior to departure. In the event of a price increase in excess of 10%, customers who have already booked will have the option to cancel without penalty (except for booking fees and advance payments to guarantee bookings) as long as they do so no later than seven days after receiving notification of the increase. Starting from 30 days prior to departure, no price changes can be made.
Cancellation due to insufficient participants
When a stay or journey is subject to a minimum number of participants and that number has not been reached VB will inform you no later than 21 days before your scheduled departure date. VB will then offer you an alternative stay or journey at the current selling price or a full refund of all monies paid. No further compensation will be due.
Clause Nine • DURATION OF YOUR STAY OR JOURNEY
The duration of a journey is calculated from the day of your outward journey to the day of your return journey. Stays are calculated on the basis of a number of nights and not a number of days. The first and last days may be shorter due to a late arrival or early-morning departure, based on the timetable information provided by the transport companies, especially airlines. No refunds will be made in the event that you choose to curtail your stay.
Clause Ten • ADMINISTRATIVE AND HEALTH FORMALITIES
Any recommendations made to you about formalities at the time of booking are subject to change. You are therefore strongly advised to consult the website https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/conseils-auxvoyageurs to check the latest versions of any administrative or health formalities. VB declines all liability in the event that you are refused boarding or entry to a foreign country because you were not in possession of a valid identity document and/or any necessary visas. In such cases you will not be entitled to any refund or any compensation from VB and you will be liable or any additional costs that may arise as a result. If you are a French national, the applicable administrative formalities will be specified on your booking confirmation e-mail. If you are a national of another country, you should contact your embassy for advice. Any costs involved in fulfilling formalities and obtaining passports and visas must be paid for by you and cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
General administrative formalities
Information to be provided at the time of booking: the full name, date of birth and identity document numbers for each passenger must be provided at the outset. The spelling of the passengers' names must be exactly the same as that shown on the identity documents that they will use for the stay and/or international travel.
Identity document: Irrespective of your destination, you must travel with a valid identity document (often it must be valid for six months after your return date) and obey all the police, customs and health authority formalities applicable to your journey.
The fact that the validity of French identity cards has been extended from 10 to 15 years may mean that you will be travelling with an identity card which has apparently expired. This may be refused by certain foreign countries. Consequently, and to guard against any risk of being retained or refused boarding, VB strongly recommends anyone finding themselves in such circumstances to travel with a passport which has sufficient remaining validity to meet the requirements of the destination country.
Visas: Depending on your destination and the type of passport you have, you may have to apply for a visa. For advice on how to do this, you can consult the website www.action-visas.com. Please bear in mind that there is a charge for some of their services and that this cost is the traveller's responsibility.
Administrative formalities specific to minors with French nationality. If a child is travelling with only one parent, alone in the company of an adult who does not have parental power, or with a relative who does have the same last name, an authorisation to leave French territory is compulsory. Specific formalities may be required for a minor to leave a territory (or to enter a foreign territory). Depending on your destination, we recommend you consult the website www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/conseils-aux-voyageurs.
For European Union countries: Irrespective of their age (i.e. applies even to newborn babies), children with French nationality must have their national identity card and it must be valid until after the date of their return, or they must have an individual passport which must be valid until after the date of their return. For non-European Union countries: A valid individual passport (often for six months after the date of return) is compulsory. A visa may also be required.
For full information on any health risks that may exist in the country or countries you will be staying in or passing through, as well as any recommendations issued by the authorities in this respect and details on how to comply with them, we advise you to consult this website: www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/conseils-aux-voyageurs/. For European Union countries, you should bring your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), which can be obtained free of charge, and an up-to-date vaccination record for other countries.
Clause Eleven • TRANSPORT
Details of airline(s)
As required by articles R. 211–15 to R. 211–19 of the French Tourism Code, when you make your booking VB will inform you of the airline(s) that it intends to use for your flights, insofar as this information is available when you book. In the event of a change in airline(s), VB will inform you as soon as it becomes aware of such a change, up to the moment of embarkation.
As required by Article Nine of the European Regulation 21/11/2005, dated 14 December 2005, the list of airlines which have been banned from operating in EU airspace can be consulted online at www.service-public.fr, 'Transport' tab.
Air Carriers' liabilities
Under the conditions and within the limits established by the international conventions (Warsaw and Montreal), the airline with which you actually travel is liable for damages arising from any flight delay or breakdown (destruction or loss) caused to your luggage, as specified in said conventions and in accordance with the conditions of carriage attached to your ticket.
Conditions and flight times
Your travel documents will contain the details of your flight times but these are subject to change up until the day of departure. Transport times and the itinerary may be altered as a result of weather conditions or acts of God, the rotation of the aircraft and the safety requirements without any compensation whatsoever, including in case of change in the length of a programme. VB therefore reserves the right to modify the types of transport, bring several departure cities together in the same departure city and transport participants by road, rail or any possible flight route to the places of sojourn, in case the minimum number of participants per city is not reached. Furthermore, due to the intensity of air traffic or events beyond our control (strikes, technical incidents, bad weather, etc.), delays may occur. Connections are not guaranteed, even if the inward and outward legs of journeys are issued on the same ticket. Any seats which are not used on the outward or return journey will not be refunded. A change of airport may be made in the same city. We decline liability for any costs arising from such changes if they result from causes beyond our control.
Refunds of taxes and airport charges
If embarkation is not possible, for any reason whatsoever, you may request, in writing and no later than fifteen days after the scheduled date of your journey, the reimbursement of the amount invoiced for taxes, airport charges and other fees where the requirement to pay such fees is linked to the actual embarkation of the passenger in accordance with applicable regulations; in such cases a 20% management fee will be retained by VB. Fuel surcharges are not refundable.
The cruise schedule is subject to changes based on navigation, security and safety imperatives. VB declines liability for any changes made to your cruise itinerary by the cruise line or by the ship's captain, including the removal of a port of call and/or a connection provided for in the schedule, when said changes are made for reasons of security, safety or force majeure.
Clause Twelve • HOTEL SERVICES
Hotel ratings: Star ratings used to classify hotels outside France are awarded in accordance with local standards, which will differ from French standards.
Single room/cabin: single rooms and cabins are offered for sale at a supplement. If you book as a single passenger and have not opted for a single room, you will be charged the single room supplement when you make your booking.
Sea facing/sea view: 'sea facing' does not mean 'sea view'.
Meals: 'Half board' means dinner plus an overnight stay plus breakfast. 'Full board' means dinner plus an overnight stay plus breakfast plus lunch. Drinks, including mineral water, must be paid for separately unless the description specifically states that they are already included in the price. For bookings on an 'all inclusive' basis, the final service is breakfast on the day of departure. These services may be provided during your flight or while at your hotel.
Pets: Some of our properties accept certain pets (a surcharge is payable and conditions will vary according to the property) as long as they are kept on a leash or in a cage or pet carrier whenever they are in the public areas of the property. To find out whether or not a property accepts pets, please see the individual descriptions on this website.
Conditions applicable to stays: You, the Customer, agree and undertake to use your room in a responsible manner. Any behaviour that contravenes the property's internal regulations, is offensive or causes a disturbance will result in VB asking you to leave the property. In such circumstances you will not be entitled to any compensation and/or any refund of monies that may already have been paid.
Sports facilities and others: Access to facilities such as hammam, fitness room, etc. is subject to the specific conditions for use of the various facilities. For children, access to the swimming pool requires the presence of an adult and the specific conditions and operating hours in force at the individual property must be obeyed. Operating hours for restaurants, spas and other facilities are subject to change without notice.
Clause Thirteen • VB's LIABILITY
VB guarantees the smooth running of your stay or journey, both in France and abroad. However, VB declines liability in the event of non-performance or improper performance of the contract for reasons attributable to you, or to an unpredictable and insurmountable act by a third party unconnected with the provision of the services provided for in the contract, or in a case of force majeure.
Clause Fourteen • TRANSFERRING YOUR BOOKING TO SOMEONE ELSE
If you cannot travel as planned, you can transfer your booking to someone else (but note that insurance policies cannot be transferred). In this case, you must notify us of your decision by registered letter sent with acknowledgement of receipt no later than seven days before the start date of your journey (fifteen days for cruises), providing us with the names and addresses of the person or persons who will now be travelling. The new travellers must meet the same conditions as you to be able to undertake the journey or stay and the changes may be subject to the time required for any visas to be obtained and to the airline agreeing to accept the new travellers in your place. A booking fee of at least €50 per person, as well as any expenses related to issuing new tickets, will be charged (to you and/or the new travellers) for this transaction.
Clause Fifteen • MULTI-RISK INSURANCE
VB offers its customers the opportunity to take out a multi-risk insurance policy underwritten by ASSURINCO (group contract no. 4316) at a cost of 3.5% (tax included) of the total package price. The main cover provided by this policy includes: trip cancellation/curtailment, repatriation, loss of luggage and individual liability insurance while abroad. Full details of the cover provided can be obtained on request prior to taking out the policy and, in any case, will be sent to you when your booking is confirmed. The multi-risk insurance is optional but must be taken out no later than the earliest date on which cancellation fees would apply as shown in the schedule of cancellation fees. Insurance premiums must be paid along with your deposit. If you decide to take out this insurance, we suggest that you check whether or not you already have similar cover through any other insurance policies that you may hold. If you find that you do, you can cancel the policy purchased from us without penalty up to fourteen calendar days after the date of purchase, as long as no claim has been made on it in the meantime.
Clause Sixteen • PROFESSIONAL INDEMNITY COVER
VB is insured with MMA, through a professional indemnity insurance policy in accordance with the provisions of Articles 20 and following of Decree No. 94-490 of 15 June 1994, made pursuant to Article 31 of Law No. 92-645 of 13 July 1992. The cover is up to €5,000,000 per year of insurance.
Clause Seventeen • CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
You will be given the opportunity to share your personal thoughts and opinions of your journey or stay with other travellers by completing a customer satisfaction questionnaire. Your answers may be published on the VB customer review site. The questionnaire will be sent to you by e-mail. The information gathered in the questionnaire will be processed by computer under the responsibility of VB. You will be asked to provide your first name and the first letter of your surname, and the information you provide will be used by VB in accordance with the legislation in force, especially that relating to the protection of personal data.
Clause Eighteen • EVIDENCE
Pursuant to the provisions of Article 1316-2 of the French Civil Code, it is expressly agreed that unless there is a manifest error by VB, the data stored in the information system of VB and/or of their partners and/or service providers, particularly in the electronic messaging tools used, is considered as conclusive evidence as regards the bookings made and the fulfilment of the obligations of the parties. Data in computerised or electronic form thus stored constitutes proof, and if it is produced as evidence by VB in any dispute or other proceedings, it shall be admissible, valid and enforceable between the parties in the same way, under the same conditions and with the same probative force as any document that may be drawn up, received or kept in writing.
Clause Nineteen • COMPLAINTS
You may make a complaint to VB in the event that it fails to perform its contractual obligations, or performs them inadequately. To do so, you must send a registered letter with proof of receipt to the address shown above no later than 15 days after your stay or journey. If, after 60 days, you have received no reply to your complaint from VB, you may send the complaint to the Médiateur du Tourisme et du Voyage (Travel and Tourism Ombudsman). Contact information and details of the procedure can be found online at www.mtv.travel.
Clause Twenty • DATA PROTECTION
In accordance with Article 27 of Law 78-17 on data processing, records and privacy of 6 January 1978 (the French data protection law), you are informed that all the information is collected by Vacances Bleues – Diffusion Tourisme in order to process your booking and that we may need to use it for marketing purposes or send it to third parties. Your data will be kept for the duration of our contractual relationship. Data relating to credit cards are deleted as soon as the transaction has been completed by our electronic systems. Under Article 34 of Law 78-17 you have the right to access, correct or oppose the processing of your personal information by writing to Vacances Bleues Diffusion Tourisme at 32 Rue Edmond-Rostand – BP217 – 13431 Marseille Cedex 06, France.
Clause Twenty-one • PHOTOS AND ILLUSTRATIONS
The photographic illustrations in this brochure only show partial and incomplete views of the sites and properties offered. We reserve the right to correct them in case of misprints or omissions in the brochures.
Photo credits: Wallis, Fotolia, Tourist Offices, Shutterstock, Istock, Thinkstock, Vacances Bleues.
VACANCES BLEUES - AN ASSOCIATION GOVERNED BY THE LAW OF 1901
Registered office: 32, rue Edmond Rostand - 13006 Marseille, France
Postal address: BP 217 - 13431 Marseille Cedex 06, France
Siret No. 782 886 709 00149 - No. IM013100143
Intracommunity VAT No. FR 12 782 886 709
VBE - SAS WITH CAPITAL OF 1,219,592 EUROS
Registered office: 32, rue Edmond Rostand - 13006 Marseille, France
Postal address: BP 217 - 13431 Marseille Cedex 06, France
Marseille Trade and Companies Register 378 713 309 - No. IM013100145 VBE IATA Approval
No. 202 36 823 - Intracommunity VAT No.: FR 85 378 713 309
DIFFUSION TOURISME - SAS WITH CAPITAL OF 914,694 EUROS
Registered office: 32, rue Edmond Rostand - 13006 Marseille, France
Postal address: BP 217 - 13431 Marseille Cedex 06, France
Marseille Trade and Companies Register 421 866 344 - No. IM013100138
Intracommunity VAT No.: FR 80 421 866 344
FINANCIAL GUARANTEE BODY
(On the day this document was published)
UNAT – 8 rue César Franck – 75015 Paris, France
CIVIL LIABILITY INSURANCE
MMA- 14 BD Marie et Alexandre OYON – 72030 LE MANS CEDEX 9, FRANCE