This rental is open from 6th April to 26th October 2024.
Your vacation residence in Ardèche
In the heart of a green setting, a stone's throw from the river Chassezac and the typical Ardèche village of Casteljau, our team awaits you for a rejuvenating getaway in our residence, the ideal base for passionately savoring the Ardèche and its riches.
The little plus : the Château atmosphere offered by this splendid wooded domain, for a total disconnection.
A lovely castle
A holiday rental in Ardèche, at the foot of the Cévennes
Are you looking for a rental in Ardèche ? Located in a magnificent garden surrounded by trees, between forest and scrubland, in a bucolic setting, mixing simplicity and sweetness of life... Lou Castel is in complete osmosis with the beauty of the surroundings. A stay out of time and far from all pollution awaits you, to simply enjoy the many riches that nature offers us during your vacations in Ardèche.
- In the middle of the South of Ardèche, at a 10 minutes walk from the Chassezac river.
- At 10km away from Vans, a village of character with extraordinary point of views.
- At less than 30km away from the magnificient Pont d'Arc and the Grotte Chauvet 2, World Heritage Site.
- Southern Ardèche, land of the olive tree, the vine and the chestnut tree.
- The Chauvet 2 cave, World Heritage Site.
- The Cévennes, the Chassezac and Ardèche gorges, the Aven d'Orgnac and the Cocalière.
Activities not to be missed
Riverboarding in canoe or kayak, rafting, canyoning, swimming... or via ferrata, climbing, speleology, Treetop adventure... activities are not missing in the South of Ardèche!
The 94 flats of the Lou Castel residence in Ardèche have a large bay window opening onto a private terrace on the ground floor or a balcony on the first floor, and can accommodate 2 to 6 people. Choose between four types of fully equipped, bright and comfortable accommodation.
- 32 m²
- One room with 2 single italian beds convetible into 1 double bed
- Bathroom with shower and WC not separated
- Adapted for persons with reduced mobility (non-contractual bathroom picture)
- 32 m²
- Room with 2 single beds that can be transformed into 1 double italian bed, 1 alcove with two bunk beds (suitable for children from 6 years old to 12 years old only)
- Bathroom with shower and WC separated
- A floor with a balcony
- 34 m²
- Room with 2 single beds that can be transformed into 1 double italian bed, cabin room with two bunk beds
- Bathroom with shower and toilet not separated
- On the ground floor, with a patio
- 36 m²
- Room with 2 single beds that can be transformed into 1 double bed, room with two single beds, alcove with 2 bunk beds
- Bathroom with shower and WC not separated
My holiday budget is under control
Rooms or flats with simple comfort, smaller size and no extra options at affordable prices for everyone
Services and facilities
- Bed linen and towels provided
- Hoover and cleaning kit provided
- Baby kit on request: bed, bath, high chair and deckchair
- Free outdoor parking
- End of stay cleaning (except kitchen area)
- They are welcome: pets (dogs and cats under 8 kg)
- Fully equipped kitchenette: 2 induction hobs, freezer, dishwasher, microwave oven, crockery and accessories
- Flat screen TV
- Wifi at the reception only
A snack bar for your summer vacations in Ardèche
On vacations, it is even more important to eat well... If you can combine gourmet food and culinary discovery, it's even better !
Chestnuts, scrubland and lavender honey, truffles... the region is full of delicious specialties with the real taste of local products. Here, we love to eat and when we love, we do not count !
During summer vacations, we provide you with a snack bar with multiple meals choice, that you can takeaway to your flat or enjoy on the terace... you have everything available to have good times during your holidays in Ardèche.
Good restaurant near your location in Ardèche
During your vacations near the Cévennes, take advantage of your stay to treat yourself with local specialties. In the south of Ardèche, local and seasonal products are honored in the recipes of the local restaurant owners.
Our favourite? L'Olivier de Paiolive: a family restaurant, with a panoramic viewpoint terace in the shade of the mulberry trees and a homemade cuisine with great finesse, only 10 minutes away from the residence !
Let's forge ties with the region
Since we are working with local producers located within a 150 km radius from each of our locations, it is important to us to intoduce them to you.
Each autumn, the emblematic fruit of the region, the chestnut, makes its big comeback... During the welcoming aperitif drink, you will get the opportunity to taste the castagnou, a typical aperitif from Ardèche, which is a mix of chestnuts liquor and white wine.
Looking for a relaxing and multi-activity stay ?
In our vacation rental in Ardèche, with its outdoor swimming pool, its island of greenery and its bar full of local drinks, it feels good to spend the day wandering there.
Thus, we are inviting you to take advantage of the shared spaces and the equipments available to you.
- Outdoor swimming pool
- 1 kids playground area
- 1 multisports field, 1 volley field, 1 pétanques strips
- 1 games room with a pool table in the castle
- 2 table tennis table (rackets and balls lended at the reception)
- 1 Baby-foot (charged)
A team ready to pamper you
Most of our staff are locals, and they will not hesitate to share with you the addresses of the best restaurants and the most beautiful sites to visit. They will be delighted to help you discover the riches of the region by presenting you with a maximum number of activities to enjoy in the vicinity of your rental in Ardèche. You can count on us to make sure you don't miss out on anything and experience the most authentic of stays in the south of Ardèche.
Want to explore the region?
In Ardèche, activities do not miss ! Every sundays during summer, at 7:00pm, a welcome drink is organised in the presence of our service providers : canoe rental, canyoning, caving, mountain bikes rental... and even prehistory specialists... come meet them and book your discovery activities.
What to visit in Ardèche ?
What to visit in Ardèche ? Thanks to its numerous natural sites and its rich architectural heritage, the south of Ardèche abounds in leisure activities for all: hiking or mountain biking, white water sports, walks and discoveries of the "Villages de Caractère"...
The residence Lou Castel is the ideal place for vacations in Ardèche combining relaxation, conviviality and activities!
- At a 10 minutes walk from the river Le Chassezac, its beach and the departures for a descent of the Ardèche in canoe and kayak.
- At 5km away from the Païolive forest, a natural labyrinth made of rocky sculptures that seem to be coming out of a fairy tale.
- At 10km away from Vans, a charming village, perched high up and with extraordinary viewpoints.
- At less than 30km away from the magnificient Pont d'Arc, an incredible natural arch of 54m created by Mother Nature approximatively 500 000 years ago.
- At less than 30km away from Chauvet 2, one of the most beautiful cave in Ardèche, designated as a World Heritage Site by the UNESCO.
The Chassezac, a stone's throw from your vacations residence in Ardèche
The Chassezac and its gorges, the second largest river in the Ardèche, are only 20 minutes away from the residence for the more athletic, or 5 minutes by car for families with children. On the spot, a free parking is at your disposal. Ready for an invigorating dive? Here, a multitude of white water sports await you :
- Canoeing, kayaking, rafting, canyoning
- White water swimming
- Via ferrata, climbing, speleology
- Accrobranche course
Hiking in Ardeche on the most beautiful paths
From the fast walk to the trail for the most efficient... to climb on the paths of the south Ardèche, it is to renew with a preserved nature, in the heart of landscapes of any beauty.
The region is full of easy, moderate or sporty hiking trails for all types of walkers.
There are many marked trails starting from the residence and the region is full of walks for all levels of ability.
- The Casteljau peninsula and the Grotte du Renard, discovery of the Chassezac gorges with passages at river level.
- The Necropolis of Granges and its dolmens.
- The Païolive wood and the Granzon stream, enchanting landscapes, a mineral and vegetal chaos in a site classified as a Sensitive Natural Area
Our free children's club
Open during summer French school holidays only
Our teams of professional activity leaders organise daily activities for your children and teenagers from 4 years old to 6 years old, in fun and safe areas dedicated to each age.
Bloubi, the Vacances Bleues mascot, will meet you in our clubs for moments of sharing. Each week, a Bloubi Party is organised in the Lou Castel Residence, for the enjoyment of young and old alike.
Leave with a group in Ardèche
The Residence*** Lou Castel welcomes your group in a place that is conducive to memories and good times: accommodation, food, activities, free time... We create a tailor-made stay for you. The choice is yours !
A location full of advantages
In addition to being a mythical address offering a maximum of facilities and quality services, Lou Castel offers you and your group special services:
- 2 formulas to choose from: à la carte or "all inclusive" programme including accommodation, full board, activities, excursions...
- Coffee and wine included in your meals
- Free coach parking
- Secure bike room for cyclists
- Hiking from the residence
- 2 to 3 evening events per week, for any 7 night stay
Experience an unforgettable stay in this exceptional place! Our teams offer you themed programmes:
- Tourism and local produce
Meeting spaces ? This is the place !
4 rooms, from 25 m² to 35 m².
Quality working spaces and services that can welcome up to 25 participants.
Available equipments :
- Paperboard, video projector, screen.
- Free and unlimited wifi access.
- Surcharged : PA system.
Rooms details and available layouts
|Salle 1 gauche club enfant||28||25 pax max|
|Salle 2 droite club enfant||27||20 pax max|
|Salle Ado||36||25 pax max|
|Salle Bar||53||25 pax max|
For an easy arrival
How to find us?
Résidence VACANCES BLEUES
1673 route du Château de Casteljau
07460 BERRIAS ET CASTELJAU
Montpellier airport is located 140km away from the residence. Nîmes airport is located 100km away from the residence.
Montélimar train station is located 70km away from the residence.
Reception opening hours
Reception is open 5 to 7 hours a day depending on the season
From Sunday to Friday: 8:00am-11:00am / 5:00pm-7:00pm.
On Saturday : 8:00am-11:00am / 4:00pm-8:00pm
Arrivals: from 17h
Departures: before 10am
From 01/07 to 26/08, the reception is open on Saturday and Sunday only, from 8:00am to 11:00am, and from 4:00pm to 8:00pm.
Without commitment, how can we change the world?
Without ever having claimed it, Vacances Bleues is a pioneer in responsible tourism, constantly seeking to strike a balance between economic performance and a strong sustainable commitment. For this reason, and in the framework of the law of 10 February 2020 on the fight against the use of single-use plastic, we no longer offer disposable water bottles. So remember to bring your own reusable water bottle! And if you forget, don't worry... You will find eco-cups and reusable bottles for sale in our exceptional places.
All actors !
In order to reduce the carbon footprint of your stay, our receptions will inform you about the means of ecomobility available to you (public transport nearby, bike hire, walking routes, car sharing, etc.). Let's preserve our environment together.
We're here to help
Holiday with peace of mind
Fancy exploring somewhere new?